Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Is Accepting Applications from Candidates in Ghana and Nigeria for 2020/2021 fully funded Scholarship to Study in UK.
To achieve their goal of being a catalyst for public sector transformation, AIG will every year, for five years starting in 2017, fund five scholarships for outstanding West Africans from all backgrounds who are passionate about the public sector, to pursue the Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government , University of Oxford.
Upon graduation, AIG Scholars will be expected to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarship 2020/2021 Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for consideration for the award of an AIG Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Be between the ages of 25 and 35 years (must not be 36 years old by December 31, 2020)
- Have a first-class or second-class upper undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Be preferably top 10% of graduating class (First, Second or Master’s Degree) – evidence to be provided
- Provide evidence of game-changing leadership and resultant impact
Show skills and interests outside of academics (evidence to be provided)
- Academic distinction and leadership potential are key priorities for selection.
- In the case of candidates with second-class upper qualifications, a Master’s, second degree or relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted and any inquiries regarding individual application status are strictly prohibited.
- Applications sent via post or in person are NOT acceptable.
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection process will be expected to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admissions.
- Finalists who are offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered by the School in the final selection of AIG Scholars.
How to Apply for frica Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarship 2020/2021
Application Deadline: October 15th, 2020.