Ashinaga, A non Profit organisation in Japan is accepting from brilliant Orphaned students in Subsaharan Africa in their fully funded international Undergraduate scholarship to study any Course of your choice in any University of your Choice outside Africa.
Ashinaga will also provide them with a full scholarship and living expenses for four years during their studies abroad.
2021 Ashinaga International Undergraduate Scholarship Value/ Benefits:
Ashinaga scholarship covers the cost of tuition, accommodation (during the terms and vacation), insurance, flight, and provides monthly stipend which covers food and necessary academic costs.
2021 Ashinaga Undergraduate Scholarship Eligible Countries:
Anglophone countries: Botswana, Ethiopia, Eritrea, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Kingdom of eSwatini, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius*, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles*, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
Francophone countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon*, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Gabon, Guinea Conakry, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Republic of Congo, Senegal and Togo.
Lusophone countries: Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique and São Tomé and Príncipe
2021 Ashinaga International Undergraduate Scholarship Eligibility:
- Have lost one or both parents.
- Have completed secondary school and passed national secondary school examination (technical and vocational degrees not accepted) within the last two years (any date after 1st September 2018, including all of 2019 and 2020) or will have completed secondary school and received final exam results before February 28th, 2021.
- Have citizenship and have completed/are completing high school in one of the following countries: Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, CAR, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, DRC, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea Conakry, Kenya, Kingdom of eSwatini, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Sénégal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Seychelles, Sudan, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Were born after 1st September 1998.
- Do not have the means to attend university abroad without external financial support.
Are proficient in English or French.
- Are regularly ranked in the top 10% of their class during their last 2 or 3 years of secondary school. Students without strong grades are unlikely to be successful.
- Are able to participate in the two Ashinaga preparatory programs, over the course of one year, before attending university.
Are committed to return home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university.
- Have no dependents who could interfere with academic progress.
- Have a good enough health condition to be able to study abroad.
2021 Ashinaga Undergraduate Scholarship Requirements
- Copy of national ID card or passport.
- Copy of term reports / high school for your final year of school.
- Copy of final Secondary School Examination Certificate**
**For students receiving their examination results after February 19th 2021 and before February 28th 2021 we will ask you to send your examination certificate if you are invited to submit the application for the program.
- Copy of all term reports / high school transcripts from the last 2 years.
- Copy of final Secondary School Examination Certificate (if you did not submit it with your registration form)
- Copy of academic transcripts / diplomas from university / post-secondary institution, (if applicable).
- Copy of death certificate of deceased parent(s), including the deceased parent’s name, or alternative official documentation proving the death of parent(s) or orphan status.
- Copy of birth certificate of the applicant.
- Copies of certificates for extracurricular activities, training courses, jobs or commitments (if applicable).
- A letter of recommendation from a principal or school teacher.
- This should be inclusive of their email address, phone number and must contain information about your performance and character whilst at secondary school. All recommendation letters should contain an official signature or stamp.
Note: All documents must be submitted in French or English if possible. Use the Gregorian (Western) calendar to fill in the application.
How to Apply for 2021 Ashinaga International Undergraduate Scholarship
Applying for Ashinaga Consist of Three Methods but Strongly Advice Registering through the Online Method:
Applying through online method Consist of Two Processes :
- Gather all the required documents, Apart from the registration form.
- Scan the required documents in either PDF or JPG format.
- Register online using the online form.
All students who register for the programme will receive an email with a link to the application form within 1 month of their registration if they are eligible for the programme.
- Download the Registration form
- Print the registration form and fill it out
- Scan the completed form and the other required documents in either PDF or JPG format.
- For Anglophone countries, email your scanned documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Francophone countries, email your scanned documents to: email@example.com
- Use your name and country as the email title.
- Download the registration form or ask for the form from your local Japanese embassy.
- Print the registration form and fill it out.
- Make photocopies of your completed form and all other required documents
- Send all photocopies to the following address:
Ashinaga Africa Initiative Recruitment Team P. O. Box 16864 – Kampala, UGANDA
- Do not send original documents, copies only
Please note that if you apply by post, all submitted documents will not be returned to you. Therefore, you must send copies of documents ONLY.
This application and the selection process are FREE. Any person requesting payment at any stage of the process, does against Ashinaga’s will
2020 Ashinaga International Undergraduate Scholarship Selection Process:
Applications for Anglophone and Francophone countries are open between October 2020 and February 2021. Successful applicants will be invited to an assessment day in April 2021 where Ashinaga conducts individual interviews and sets an examination to better understand students’ academic abilities and career goals in Sub-Saharan Africa. Students must bring all original academic documents and identification documents to the interview. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the application process.
Application Deadline: 19th February 2021