The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2020/2021 Nomination computer Based Test (CBT) for the Federal Government Scholarship Awards for the Undergraduate and Postgraduate students in Nigeria who aspires to study abroad.
The Federal government Bilateral Education(BEA) Undergraduate studies is tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary,
Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia .
Postgraduate Studies is tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea,
FG BEA Scholarship 2020 Fields Of Study.
a. Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology,
Architecture, Medicine (very limited).
b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
FG BEA Scholarship 2020 for Benefits.
- The participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of supplement, warm clothing, health insurance, research grant where applicable and take off.
- The Nigeria Award (NA) SDG Scholarship award is to assist the scholar in the payment of:
- Institutional charges and fees and
- For Personal maintenance;
- SDGs Scholarship is for female
FG BEA Scholarship 2020 Eligibility criteria:
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2021 & 2022) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2020) only.
- All Nigerian applicants (UG, HND & NCE) must be registered full-time students in their second year or above in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Colleges of Education. All undergraduate Scholarship applicants (Physically challenged inclusive) must have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
- Age limit is from 17 to 20 years.
- All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must
hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd
Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are
previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post
qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed the N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
i) N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
FG BEA Scholarship 2020 for Requirements.
Candidates are required to:
- Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy
- Letter of Admission to the Institution
- Current Course Registration Form
- CGPA results of year 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Current School’s Identity Card
- Letter of Identification from your State/Local Government
- Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly signed by you.
How to Apply for 2020 FG BEA Scholarship
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports &
- Police clearance certificate where necessary.
- Complete form online
Submit and Print a copy
- Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy.
|1||NORTH – WEST||Sokoto
|2||NORTH – EAST||Adamawa
|4||SOUTH – WEST||Oyo
|5||SOUTH – SOUTH||Delta
|6||SOUTH – EAST||Enugu
Application deadline: Friday 11th December 2020 by 11:59 PM.
Important Note for Nigerian Award Scholarship.
- The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and takes effect from the beginning of the academic
- It shall not be held at the same time with another Award nor for part-time studies.
- Change of course or Institution is not allowed.
- The Scholarship award is to assist the scholar in the payment of:
i. Institutional charges and fees and
ii. For Personal maintenance.
COURSES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE AWARD ARE AS FOLLOWS:
A. Science and Technology
B. Medicine and Para-medicals
E. Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
F. Entrepreneural Studies,
H. Environmental Sciences
GENERAL NOTE FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
i) Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
ii) Japan applicants must have a solid background in further mathematics;
iii) The required certificate for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE/WAEC, and no other certificate is accepted;
iv) All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference, and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which will hopefully be opened between October and November 2019,
- Complete the application form online,
- Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above;
v) All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in
vi) All Applicants to upload their certificates online;
viii) The duration for Serbian undergraduate scholarship is Eight (8) years general courses and
Nine (9) years for Medicine and postgraduate studies, 3-4years for MSC and 5-6years for PhD.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship
Board the following:
i) Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
ii) Data page of the current International passport;
iii) Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
iv) National Identification Number (NIN)
v) Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS/E-MAIL:
i. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA): 08077884417/09094268637
ii. Nigerian Award: 08077884418/08091155229
For furtherTechnical/Apps inquires please call: 08055581004
Candidates are advised to choose a Centre very close to them
TIME: 9.00 A.M DAILY
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY
PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
ARC SONNY T. ECHONO, fnia
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION