Imperial College London invites avail qualified Candidates to its 2021 PhD Scholarship in Chemical Engineering Programme. The Department of Chemical Engineering has up to 10 fully-funded scholarships available for outstanding PhD applicants each year. The Scholarship is Available for both UK and International Students.
Imperial College PhD Scholarship in Chemical Engineering Benefits
The scholarships are open to all applicants regardless of their fee status, and cover both tuition fees and an annual tax-free contribution to maintenance costs of £21,400
Scholarship Duration: 42months( 3 years and 6 months)
Number of Scholarships to be given: 10
Imperial College PhD Scholarship in Chemical Engineering Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have obtained (or be heading for) a First Class Honours degree at Master’s level (or equivalent) in chemical engineering, another branch of engineering or related science.
- Applicants must have a copy of your English Language certificate (if applicable – the language requirement can be found here: where there are 2 levels we require the higher level)
- Full transcripts of your university studies to date.
- A personal statement to support your application, which should outline your research interest and experience.
- A copy of your English Language certificate if applicable. Find out more about Imperial College London’s language requirements. Please note that where there are two levels we require the higher level.
- The contact details of two referees, at least one of whom must be an academic referee, for example your project supervisor or personal tutor. You will be asked to give the e-mail addresses of the referees, which will trigger reference requests directly to the referees. Please do not upload reference letters as the references must come directly from the referees. References are confidential between the referee and the College. Please note that the e-mail addresses must be personal institutional addresses (university or company e-mail addresses) rather than webmail addresses, as these are not acceptable.
How to Apply for Imperial College PhD Scholarship in Chemical Engineering
Imperial College PhD Scholarship in Chemical Engineering Selection Process
- The shortlisting panel will meet in late November and interviews will be held in late November or early December
- Successful candidates will be sent a list of available projects and supervisors within a week of the last interview and we will endeavour to allocate projects by the end of December
Application Deadline: 31st October 2021