Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) has Organised it’s Annual Essay Competition to Promote Academic Excellence And to encourage the youths to build local capacities and competencies for effective participation in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry.
NCDMB 2020 Essay Competition Topic:
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AS A LEVER FOR LOCAL CONTENT IMPLEMENTATION IN NIGERIA’S OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
NCDMB 2020 Essay Competition Prizes
N1,000,000 for 1st place
N500,000 for 2nd place
N300,000 for 3rd . 4th – 10th places finishers shall each receive a laptop.
NCDMB 2020 Essay Competition rules .
- This contest is open only to 100-200 level students in public and private Universities in Nigeria.
- Entrants must submit either a letter of admission or a signed letter of attestation from his/her Head of Department (HOD).
- All essays must be original works specifically written for the competition.
- Co-authorship of essay is not permitted.
- Entrants are to submit only one entry.
- Completed manuscripts and accompanying documents must be submitted to: ncdmbessay.com on or before 25th September, 2020. Late manuscripts will not be considered. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted. (Register on Website First)
- Manuscripts must not exceed 1,500 WORDS.
- Current contact information of each entrant including phone number and email address must accompany the manuscript.
- Entrants’ names shall not appear on the manuscript, but on a separate title page to be removed when a number is assigned to the entry.
- Shortlisted entrants will be contacted for the virtual interactive assessment to defend their submitted essays.
- Essays will be judged based on: Clarity of Expression, Spelling and Grammar, Originality of thought, Depth of Analysis, Relevance to Industry, and Conformity to Contest Rules.
- All essays will be subjected to plagiarism check (software application) to determine originality.
All essays will be subjected to plagiarism check (software application) to determine originality.
How to Participate in 2020 NCMB Essay Competition.
- All Applicants must make sure they went through the Competitions Rules.
- Successful Top 10 Finalists will be notified by the 16th October, 2020.
- The virtual award ceremony comes up 27th October, 2020.
The winning essay will be published in the NCDMB’s in-house magazine, Local Content Digest.
Do not include your personal details inside the ESSAY CONTENT ie your email, phone number, address, name, University and state or else it will be disqualified.
Participation Deadline: 25th September.